Advanced Pair Cross Mill
Primetals Technologies was the first in the world to develop a pair cross mill with high strip shape control capability. Since that time, we have maintained our position as a pioneer in the field, and Primetals Technologies have made numerous improvements to this system based on our extensive experience in the industry.
- High strip shape control capability
- Simplified structure
- Achievement of high rolling reduction
- Reduced mill vibration through the use of a mill stabilizing device (MSD)
Fig.1- Evolution of PC mill
Fig.2- Front view of PC mill
SmartCrown work rolls feature a modified, sine-shaped contour. By selecting the correct contour coefficients and shifting the work rolls by the same amount in opposite directions, the resultant unloaded roll gap is always cosineshaped, regardless of the actual shifting position of the rolls.
Work Roll Shift Mill
Primetals Technologies have been a pioneer in the field ever since we developed the world's first Work Roll Shift Mill and have enhanced this technology based on our extensive experience in steel industry. Primetals Technologies utilizes the Work Roll Shifting at hot strip rolling field for different two purposes:
- Dispersion of wear of work roll
- Strip shape control (SmartCrown), as described in detail below:
Mill stabilizing device (MSD)
At today's demanding condition, maintaining stable operation of rolling mill is becoming difficult. MSD is a hydraulic cylinder installed to mill housing window and press a roll chock against the opposite side with constant force. MSD eliminates gap between roll chocks and mill housing, keep rolls in proper position and stabilize rolls.
- Enables stable rolling at demanding rolling condition.
- Stabilizes threading.
- Reduces housing window gap control work. (Easier maintenance)
- Prevents problems occurring from roll skew between WR and BUR.
- Can be applied to existing mill
Online Roll Profiler (ORP)
Primetals Technologies have been a pioneer in the field ever since we developed the world's first system capable of roll grinding inside the mill stand (ORP), and have enhanced this technology based on our extensive experience in the industry.
- Extending the roll life
- Eliminating roll surface defects
- Extending the length of same-width rolling
- Permitting to widen out without roll change
Fig.3- Diagram of ORP | Fig.4- Grinding wheel